Riverside South Community Association Forum
August 23, 2014, 08:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: In order to post a message you must create an account. You do not need to reveal your identity but you must provide a valid e-mail address to the administrators to complete your registration. To register, simply click on the Register button and follow the instructions. Click here to return to the RSCA homepage.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Just now... GreenLife Water Filtration knocking on doors  (Read 19129 times)
joshea

« on: March 10, 2012, 05:57:58 PM »

"due to calcium and other chemicals in your city water" ... "need to verify that your home qualifies for water filtration"

Yah right!

If you want to arm yourself with some advanced knowledge, here's some reading about our city water:
http://ottawariverkeeper.ca/resources/tap_water_filtering/
http://ottawa.ca/en/env_water/water_sewer/water_wells/quality/facts/inhome/index.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:25:16 PM by joshea » Logged
RDLtrekker

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »

Yep, we got them too today: I just kept repeating my mantra for door to door sales people "no thanks, we are not interested" with a smile. Wink
Vichey

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »

They are targetting the wrong households. People on wells are more likely to need filtration systems.
Phipps

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:01 AM »

Has anyone noticed any calcium deposits on kettles or anything? I haven't, certainly not like when I lived in the country.
Halo

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »

They came to our place at 8PM (!) Friday night, and tested the water for chlorine.   Lo and behold, the paper strip turned pink indicating we had chlorine *gasp*  /sarcasm/    My response was "of course we have chlorine in the water.. we're SUPPOSED to have it!"

He then wanted to see our water meter and asked a bunch of questions to see if we "qualified" for a filter - like they were doing us some kind of favour.   I gave him what-for as far as the quality of drinking water.  Canada has some of the best and safest drinking water in the world.  He balked when I said I informed him I worked with Health Canada in the branch responsible for drinking water quality regulations, etc.

These guys are slippery.  I can see how some folks would be confused/convinced by the "water test" (strange they don't test for the heavy metals the guy was claiming were filling the water and which their filter could remove).

Time for one of those "ignore the door" signs!   http://www.ignorethedoor.ca/
Gle

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 12:35:31 PM »

I just saw this post today.
I had the GreenLife Water guys knock my door too. They came in did the water test like thy did for all of you.
What they are doing is actually amazing! I now have the filter since March. The difference the filter makes far Outweighs the price I have to pay. They rent it out so I don't have to spend 3000 for it!  In fact I am now saving money every month because Of it!
I don't have to use hand moisturizers or hair conditioners anymore. The water tastes great and I now see the different of having 'safe' chemical water versus this healthy chemical free water!
I advise that everyone get on the programme. I hope they come by soon so I can thank them!
There may be scams and bad companies out there, but Greenlife Water is not one of them!
Brent

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 03:31:41 PM »

I had the GreenLife Water guys knock my door too. They came in did the water test like thy did for all of you.
What they are doing is actually amazing! I now have the filter since March. The difference the filter makes far Outweighs the price I have to pay. They rent it out so I don't have to spend 3000 for it!  In fact I am now saving money every month because Of it!
I don't have to use hand moisturizers or hair conditioners anymore. The water tastes great and I now see the different of having 'safe' chemical water versus this healthy chemical free water!
I advise that everyone get on the programme. I hope they come by soon so I can thank them!
There may be scams and bad companies out there, but Greenlife Water is not one of them!

An interesting first post...
Shoreline

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »

If you type "Greenlife Water" into Google, the third suggested search is "greenlife water scam".  Fourth is "greenlife water complaints".

Enough said.
SouthSide

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »

That is pretty funny...If you do your homework on this, it turns out to be a scam. Usually works on the elderly. Marketplace did a show on this....and proved it was a scam.
Gle

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 09:53:05 PM »

A scam?
Again, i have The filter in my house, and the noticeable difference between the city water and he filter is unbelievable! If you read the city web page, they stress that they have safe water. Not healthy water.
Do some research on chlorine, it will tell you the amout of cancers it triggers. And we actually use chloramne, which has ammonia in it!!

Mcdonalds is safe, not healthy.
City water is safe, not healthy.

I looked into it, even the health Canada web page says that you can get colon and bladder cancer from chlorine. And a risk of miscarriages!!

The filter works better than a charm.

Again, everybody should get on the Programme!
Phipps

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 07:58:17 AM »

A scam?
Again, i have The filter in my house, and the noticeable difference between the city water and he filter is unbelievable! If you read the city web page, they stress that they have safe water. Not healthy water.
Do some research on chlorine, it will tell you the amout of cancers it triggers. And we actually use chloramne, which has ammonia in it!!

I looked into it, even the health Canada web page says that you can get colon and bladder cancer from chlorine. And a risk of miscarriages!!

Sorry but this sounds like a advertisement. Do you work for the company? Did you know that city water regulations are more strict than those concerning bottled water? Yet so many people choose bottle water over tap water. I challenge your statement that city water is not healthy, prove it. At what levels is chlorine harmful? Is there a statistically significant difference in miscariages, colon cancer or bladder cancer between those that consume well water vs treated water? Filter works like a charm doing what exactly? Exploiting people's fears?

This is fear mongering at its worst and you should be ashamed.
BMC

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 09:47:39 AM »

I think we have a troll in our midst...

SouthSide

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 01:26:51 PM »

A scam?

There is no way you don't work for the company, take your snake oil elsewhere. You are spouting exactly what they taught you. Try getting a job with a little more respect, that helps people and doesn't take their money.

http://www.b101fm.com/channels/LocalNews/Story.aspx?ID=1694896
BARRIE WATER SCAM

BARRIE

4/27/2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city of Barrie is not checking any waterlines.

Police are aware of a scam being run by a company calling itself " Green Life Water".

They are going door to door and asking to come into your home to check water lines.

If you are approached, do not let them in and contact Barrie Police Service.

Even in Dubai......http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/general/fraudsters-trapped-water-filter-scam-exposed-1.985003

Phipps

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 02:23:43 PM »

Maybe, if Gle feels so strongly of the efficacy of this filter, they would like to post their address so we can all come and inspect this miraculous life changing system. It saves babies after all, would you not want to see that for yourself? Babies are cute.

SouthSide

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

Just in case you want to go and work with or for Gle,

Welcome to Kijiji Ottawa / Gatineau Area free local classifieds. Click here for more results related to 'greenlife water '.
Kijiji Ontario > Ottawa / Gatineau Area > Ottawa > jobs > general labour > Ad ID 359535276   
***31 ON SITE WATER TESTERS WANTED***
     Watch | Share | Print | Report Ad     

Date Listed  27-Jul-12 
Address  Ottawa, ON K1R 6Y7, Canada
View map 
Job Type  Full-Time 

DESCRIPTION:

Great opportunities are available for On-Site Assessments. If you’d enjoy a career that gets you outside the office and lets you work with your hands, training is available.
site assessors are in charge of assessing water quality in residential and commercial buildings.

REQUIREMENTS:

If you’re interested in working as a Site Assessor, you should be in good condition and should be good at talking to clientele. You will also need and understanding/interest in the water filtration industry. Training programs are available if you’re not experienced yet, and Greenlife Water is committed to finding the best career opportunities for you. Get started today.

RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT SUBJECTED TO:

• Verifies correct operation of equipment.
• Informs management with all necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
• Maintains company tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating conditions.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring and efficient and effective work environment.
• As this opening entails a great deal of professional work, adapting to changing work priorities, interruptions; meeting deadlines is a must.
• Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances and as part of a team.
• Must be able to work under limited supervision.
• Occasional lifting and kneeling.
• Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
• Discuss water filtration systems with clients and/or co-workers to isolate problems, or verify corrections.

Company: Greenlife Water
Opening type: Full-Time Hours (45-50)
Manages others: Not specified
Job Type: Skilled Labour-Trades
Experience: Not specified
Compensation: $15.00-$29.00/Hr (based on experience)
Other Compensation: $ 5.00-$7.50/Hr
Travel Covered: 100%
Required Travel: 25%
Required Education: Not specified
Available Openings: 15

Forward your cv or (work experience and contact information).

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: